Monday, January 19, 2009

Rest In Peace...


There are many people in my thoughts and prayers today. I just want to take a minute to pay my respects to my cousin Josh Jenkins who was killed in an avalanche Saturday afternooon. He was snowmachining with three buddies on Mount Jefferson when he was hit by the avalanche. Josh was a very well liked person with so many good friends but more importantly he was a great friend to many. He served a mission in Thailand and only returned home 5 weeks ago, which seems so unfair that he had to go now. I know he had many different ideas for his future plans and any one of them would have led him down a great path to a wonderful life, however, the path he is on now is the most important. He was obvioulsy too good for this earthly life and I know that he has so much work to do where he is right now. He must be needed there more than here. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers as well. Until we meet again Josh...we love you!

4 comments:

Devri said...

oh i am so sorry! i didn't know you were related to them! I couldn't believe it when i heard, still can't but it is good to know he is happy where he is, and that he is needed there!

Hauv said...

I'm so sorry that happened Britt. I bet that was really hard. I think we all take life for granted and don't realize what we have until it's gone. He served the Lord well and was then called home. There will be one beautiful reunion in Heaven that's for sure! Love ya

Amber M said...

I am sorry about your cousin. I heard about it on the news and it is truly tragic being so young. You family is in our prayers.

The McClure's said...

Britt I had no idea he was your cousin I am so sorry. My brother Daniel said he had talked to him just a few days before it happened and they were making plans to go snowboarding. He said he was such a good guy. That is so hard when we die so young! My prayers to you and your family.