Monday, April 20, 2009

A Time to Run

Well, I actually did it, I said I would never run for fun or in any kind of organized running and last Saturday I proved myself wrong.

My Mom and Dad Jeff are die hard 1/2 and sometimes whole marathoners. We have gone to lots of their runs to support them and see them cross the finish line but this year they decided they would bewitch Demi and I into running in the 5K since they were running in the 1/2. I am not sure what they used to drug us but somehow they got us to agree.

I am actually really glad I did it and despite what Demi says, I think she is too! It was only 3.1 miles, and compared to the 13.1 or 26.2 miles others were running it may seem very trivial, but I was still proud of my sister and myself for agreeing to do it and following through.

Mom and Dad did really well, Mom's time was 2.23, Dad's was a personal best at 1.45 and at 32.7 Demi and I were inspired to actually train next time and push ourselves a little harder...yes, I did say next time, Demi!! ;)



Dad...
Mom...

Showing off our Team Nana Papa shirts...

Dad, wake up, nap time will come soon enough...

Devin stayed back to cheer on his buddy Corey who was running in the whole marathon. Here he is right around the corner from the finish line...
And crossing the finish, good job Corey!!!

3 comments:

Derek and Christi said...

I didn't know it was possible to look so good while running. Good job.

Derek and Christi said...

Just to clarify, I meant good job on the running, not the looking good :).

Eggett Family said...

Way to go! That is great. i am trying to get Dave to run a marathon with me.