Monday, May 11, 2009

Coming up...

Wow, I know it is common to hear people say they need a vacation from their vacation, but this time I can really attest to that! We went to California two Saturdays ago and didn't get home until last Saturday. I have tons of pictures of the trip, and I will get them on here asap, but for now, just a run down.

We started the trip out at Lake Tahoe, we stayed at Uncle Troy's in laws condo on the lake. It was beautiful but it was freezing so we did alot of sight seeing. We took some pictures of Tiger Woods vacation home, which was huge and obviously well guarded so we couldn't get too close.

Next we went and stayed at Uncle Troy's house in Sacramento and went shopping, sight seeing (saw some beautiful vineyards and orchards). Thursday we drove to Oakland and saw the A's - Ranger's game, which was awesome! I am always amazed at how gitty I get when I walk into a professional stadium! It wasn't quite as mind blowing as Fenway, but still very exciting!

After the game we drove to San Fransisco for more touristy stuff, where we hung out on Pier 39, ate at Bubba Gumps, and drove down the steepest road and crookedest road. I am not sure if they set world records or just national, but they are lots of fun to see.

Friday we had our long awaited volleyball match, Demi and I vs. Troy, Dad, and Devin. It all started when Troy decided to tease Demi and I about our athleticism. He said we were "ok for girls" and that was all it took. Next thing I knew I was challenging him to a match, it didn't matter when or where but it was gonna happen. Finally we were able to make it happen and just as Demi and I expected, we won!!! Bragging rights are ours for sure! We decided it would be a tradition everytime we see each other.

So, we finally made it home, after a 12 hour drive and are glad to be home, but already are missing the warm California weather. Can't wait to go back!

Thanks Troy and Cara for everything!!!

Pictures to come...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun trip! Wow! I love the feeling of walking into a pro stadium! I even have a hard time paying attention to the game cause I am just so excited to even be there! :) Speaking of which- looking forward to the softball games this summer! :)