Monday, October 19, 2009

My Mountain Man

Well, it has finally happened, Devin finally found and killed a bull that met his expectations for the year. No more coming home empty handed with stories of bears either stealing his sleeping bag, chasing away the animals he was hunting or charging with in 30 yards of Corey; OR the excuse that they were all just too small. "I passed on a lot of little ones." he would say. Well a little one this is not! He found a 6 point bull, hunted it, shot it, and boned it all himself, then packed it all back to camp. What a brute eeh? He still has his buck tag so we are not "out of the woods" yet, no pun intended hehe. However, this will take a ton of anxiety off his chest so I am happy. The only downside is that we take care of our own meat which means I have a ton of cutting, cleaning, wrapping, labeling, and SANITIZING in my near future. :( Anyway, despite how much I miss him when he is gone, I am still very proud of him! Way to go cutie! ;)

I have also included pictures from previous hunts this season that Devin took because I think they are beautiful! He definitely sees land many will never see. The die hards are literally are on top of the world.







The white you are seeing everywhere is clouds! A little disorienting but they are above the clouds!!! This is Corey, Devin's highschool buddy/hunting brother walking on a peak of a very high mountain.

1 comment:

Derek and Christi said...

Congratulations to Devin! I totally know how you feel, when Derek goes hunting, I'm always dreading all the blood in my kitchen. Free meat though!