Monday, November 2, 2009

Another Halloween down...

After Calyn's Preschool Halloween party we decided to have some of her school friends over to play. I saw a recipe for some yummy pumpkin pie play dough on a friend's blog and thought I would give it a try and it was a hit!! I smells sooo good, I found myself craving pumpkin pie after making it.









I waited too long to get some pictures of the kids in their costumes so they are really dark but you still get the idea, right? Even though Calyn changed her mind daily, she finally decided on Hermione Granger (from Harry Potter), with a little influence from Auntie Demi which made my decision for Rylan's costume very easy!! Aren't they the cutest Gryffendor house wizards you've ever seen?

I had a photoshoot right before trick or treating so when I got home Devin had the kids almost all ready. I just put the finishing touches on and off we went. We trick or treated around our neighborhood for awhile. Calyn got to see her primary teacher, Brother McAllister who's favorite book is Harry Potter so she was pretty excited about that. They found their jackpot at Aunt Jenny's house (Nana's friend who lives around the corner from us). While we were chatting Rylan was one after another transferring candy after candy from the bowl to his bucket. He meant business! We couldn't stop laughing at how meticulously he did it. After filling the candy buckets we went to Nana & Papa's house and visited them for awhile.

It was a fun night but I am very glad it is over!! Now we can start looking forward to the holidays!! Hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween!!





2 comments:

Amy said...

They look ADORABLE! I think Calyn made the right choice :)

Amber M said...

Harry Potter and Hermine too funny! I love the costumes that don't take too much to put together. They look awesome!