Monday, November 9, 2009

Can't let go

I have been really hoping and praying that this warm weather lasts just as long as possible. Everytime I wake up and see sunshine coming into my window I breath another sigh of relief. I am not saying I absolutely hate cold and the snow, I mean who could hate something that allows snowmobiling and snowboarding! However, since we got totally jipped out of our summer this year I am going to revel in the warmth and sun as long as I can so today we decided to eat lunch outside; have a little picnic to celebrate the weather.

I also thought I would share some of the fun quotes from Calyn:

1. The other day Calyn and Rylan were playing and Rylan must've done something that hurt her because she kept saying "Rylan don't, Rylan don't!" then after saying it about 5 or 6 times she got really stern and told him that he had to stop or he would give her a birthmark.

2. Demi called me a couple weeks ago and while we were talking Calyn decided she wanted to talk to her too. They had the typical conversation, talked about the normal stuff and at the end after Calyn was finished she told Demi: "Bye Demi, see you next Spring". Demi was laughing pretty hard when I got back on the phone with her. She was planning on coming home like 2 weeks later, I have no idea where she heard it from but I thought it was adorable.

3. I told Calyn she needed to hurry and finish something before I got done sweeping the floor. We were getting ready to go somewhere so she needed to be ready and her response was: "How long will you be?" I told her I just needed to sweep the crumbs into the dustpan and throw it in the garbage and she said: "Oh, i can handle that!!"

4. Calyn went with her daddy to get some dinner and when they got back she showed me the surprise he let her get, a pop. The kids don't get to drink pop much so she was excited about it. She told me to taste it so I did and she said: "It's freakin' good isn't it?" I'm not sure who she heard it from but I'm guessing it was probably me even though I don't really say it much but it had us all laughing anyway.






2 comments:

Amber M said...

SO cute! That is a really good idea to write down some of the funny things that kids say. Because they come up with some good ones don't they!

The McClure's said...

Lol these are so funny. I could laugh at kids all day. I teach the 3-7 yr old primary kids every Sunday and during sharing time I laugh the entire time and sometimes I get some crusty looks from the other leaders. Sorry I can't help it! Thanks for the laughs Britt and great pics! :)