Monday, October 13, 2008

Applesauce!!!!

Last week I finally broke down and made applesauce with apples from my family's apple trees. It is quite a process and with two people making it we make 14 quarts in about 5 hours. Not bad, I suppose, but it is still... I have picts of all the processes except the coolest one!! Leave it to me to forget to take a picture of it. Any way, here are the picts and the steps. It turned out pretty good. We put some red hots in some of the batches. You can see the red spots in one of the pictures. We will see if it makes it "red hot!"
First the apples!!
Quartered them ...

boiled them, then put them through the processor that cored them, peeled them, and processed them at the same time, WOW!
then boiled the puree...
then canned them. Here is the finished product!! What a rewarding feeling to see my kids enjoy it!!!
Here is one with red hots in it. You can see the melted red hots.

1 comment:

Derek and Christi said...

Good for you. It is always modivating to see other people can do things like this.